How Do I Check Out a Textbook from the Library?
The RSC Library's collection of textbooks have been provided by campus divisions, departments, and individual instructors to help students keep up with assignments before they have their textbooks in hand. Some instructors have placed additional reading materials needed for their courses at the Circulation Desk. Rules for these Reserve materials are the same as those for textbooks.
What are the Rules for Textbook Checkout?
- Any student with a current RSC ID may check out a textbook.
- A student may borrow only one textbook at a time.
- Textbooks are checked out for two hours and must remain in the library.
- If a student leaves the building with a textbook, the student's borrowing privileges will be revoked.
- A current student ID must be presented at the time of checkout, along with a driver's license or second form of identification. These items will be kept at the Circulation Desk for the duration of the loan period.
- If you need to use the textbook beyond the two-hour limit, please return to the Circulation Desk and ask for an extension. If no one else is waiting to use that text, we will renew it for another two hours. But please ask for the renewal; otherwise, our system will create an overdue charge on your library account for the full replacement cost of that textbook.
Do I need to bring my ID with me for checkout?
Yes, you must have your RSC student ID with you to check out a textbook. We will keep it at the Circulation Desk, along with your driver's license or second form of identification, while you have the textbook.